Friday, January 2, 2015

New Year's Reflection

by Sherri Hayes

The new year always seems to be the time for resolutions and reflection. It’s on the news, television shows, and of course, most of us do it with our personal lives in one shape or form. We may look back at what we’ve accomplished and then set some goals on where we want to go from here.

This last year has been one I don’t think I’ll forget anytime soon. On December 30th, 2010, my first novel was published through The Writer’s Coffee Shop Publishing House. I had no idea what to expect. As with many first time authors the excitement overshadows anything else. I wasn’t thinking of sales or marketing. Just having a book I wrote in my hands was beyond belief.

Now, a year later, I’ve gotten my feet wet a little in the indie publishing world. I now have two full length novels published, a short Christmas story I wrote for my publisher’s very first holiday romance compilation, I just finished editing and am preparing for the release of my third novel, and am already in the middle of writing my fourth. It has been an extremely busy year, but a very fulfilling one as well. I’ve met many new people, made some really good friends, and have learned so much.

In the coming year, I have lots of goals I hope to accomplish. Some are personal like trying to eat better and do some type of exercise every day. Others are book related. One of those is finishing the sequel to my second novel, Slave (Finding Anna Book 1).


I’ve learned over the years that although I might not fulfill all the goals I set for myself, that’s okay. But, nothing with ever be accomplished if you don’t try. I think back four years ago when I started my first story and realize that if I’d never taken that first step my life would be very different right now.

(Originally posted 1/4/12 on Kinky Book Reviews)

Author Bio 
Sherri spent most of her childhood detesting English class. It was one of her least favorite subjects because she never seemed to fit into the standard mold. She wasn't good at spelling, or following grammar rules, and outlines made her head spin. For that reason, Sherri never imagined becoming an author.

At the age of thirty, all of that changed. After getting frustrated with the direction a television show was taking two of its characters, Sherri decided to try her hand at writing an alternate ending, and give the characters their happily ever after. By the time the story finished, it was one of the top ten read stories on the site, and her readers were encouraging her to write more.

Nearly eight years later, Sherri is the author of eight full-length novels, and two short stories. Writing has become a creative outlet that allows her to explore a wide range of emotions, while having fun taking her characters through all the twists and turns she can create. You can find a current list of all of Sherri’s books and sign up for her monthly newsletter at www.sherrihayesauthor.com

No comments:

Post a Comment