Friday, February 6, 2015

A Guest Post from Author Sherri Hayes

When I set out to write Chris and Elizabeth’s story in Behind Closed Doors, it was supposed to be a standalone book. But as I began building Chris’ family, I was drawn to the brothers. I knew then that I would have to give each brother his own book.

A lot of my readers were surprised after reading Behind Closed Doors that Gage’s book was next in the series. They thought Paul would be next in line. It wasn’t meant to be, however. I didn’t know why at the time, but once I was about halfway through Gage and Rebecca’s book, Red Zone, I knew. Megan, Rebecca’s sister, was the missing piece.
I knew before I started writing, Paul’s book would be an emotional one. He’s a widower who lost his wife in a tragic accident. They were childhood sweethearts whose lives together were cut short way too soon. Paul still loves his wife, and I knew going into it that wasn’t going to change.
This was why Megan was the perfect fit for him. When I met her in Red Zone, she had all the qualities that I felt Paul needed in his life. She was young, full of energy, and yet she’d been through some tough times herself. Megan could be that pillar of strength Paul needed to move on.
(Originally posted 9/9/14 on Books For Fun)

No comments:

Post a Comment