Wednesday, November 20, 2013

The Works Wednesday (Author Spotlight: Kahlen Aymes)


A sexy excerpt from A Love Like This
    
by Kahlen Aymes


Ryan pulled out abruptly and moved to the edge of the bed, leaving my arms empty, my body bereft, and my heart breaking for both of us. I was still quaking with the aftershocks of my climax, and the air around me felt arctic at his absence. I rolled nearer, my eyes searching for his face, needing to read his expression, but his back was to me, his head dropped into his hands, his elbows on his knees. His body shook violently with the force of his pain, and I could almost smell his tears mixed in with the scent of our sex and his cologne. His quiet sobs were left alone in the silence; sorrow flowing and thundering around me like a violent storm.
He hadn’t let himself come. This wasn’t about sex. It was about love.
Nothing had changed the love; sometimes suffocating, sometimes debilitating, sometimes so joyous and incredible, but always overwhelming and utterly amazing. The mad, mad love remained, maybe stronger and more than it had ever been. Always growing, no matter what we faced. It had always been unconditional, and nothing could ever change it. Not in this lifetime or a thousand more. No matter how much we hurt each other, the love was still strong enough to make us invincible, or kill us both.
Crawling up behind him, I wordlessly slid my arms around his waist, one hand reaching out to wrap around one of his forearms. He didn’t resist or pull from me, but his body was ridged. Tears spilled from my eyes as I tried to find a way to take away the pain I myself had caused. More than anything, I needed to heal the abyss between us, but I felt more helpless than I’d ever been.

No comments:

Post a Comment